|Posted on February 14, 2020 at 1:25 PM|
Once you have been working at your business, it can start to take over. The daily tasks and how busy you actually are can really hit!
Getting the word out about your business is constant. Planning is key for me. I MAKE time to plan my next month ahead- this planning includes the next growth steps. Marketing dollars are often small when you start, you don't want to overextend yourself too soon. But there are plenty of ways to market your business and get the word out. Here are 4 ideas to start with:
1. Facebook Group - use your group to leverage friends, ask for invites BUT make sure your group is providing value in your posts. People will not care if you are just selling. You have to engage them - use creative questions, share jokes, ask yourself, 'What would I want to follow in this group?'
2. Talk about it! This seems simple, but we often miss chances at the coffee shop, grocery store and soccer night. You have a business you are excited about- let other know. If they are really interested, they will continue the conversation. If it ends up being 'polite small talk', that is just fine! YOU still did it. You shared it.
3. Put up posters in local coffee shops- lots have community boards- put up a poster or postcard. People parouse them when they get their condiments and it's a low-cost way to get the word out.
4. Join the Conversations- find other businesses like yours on social media. Follow and engage with them. Create a support network of like-minded professionals. Most people want to help. We like offering advice and supporting one another.
5. Facebook Page- post daily. Make a plan to do 1x a day. Vary your post, but keep it going.
Categories: Business Blog