|Posted on February 14, 2020 at 1:10 PM|
Keeping romance alive can be simple and fun! When I talk with couples about their romance slipping away, I like to review some of the simple things that can bring it back.
1. Take turns planning dates. This way one partner isn’t doing all the planning and organizing. It's nice to have someone take care of all the decisions and details!
2. Show your appreciation every day. Ask yourself: 'What can I do to celebrate my partner today?' Those little words, compliments, kindness- they can go a long way. Smile when you see your partner! Every day, share your beautiful smile with them.
3. Surprise your partner. Small surprises can impact your day- this can be a note in a lunch, a video text or sweet voice message. Something small, but that you don't often do. It shows that you care and it will make your partner smile.
4. Plan a 'Just Us' time. Choose a night of the week, and commit to it. Even if it's a night in, spend it together on the couch- talk about why you love each other and celebrate the relationship you have. Remember what sparked your love! Talk about your memories and good times.
5. Mix things up. Routines are par for the course in a long-term relationship. Try a new restaurant, take a class together, do an activity you haven't tried before. Check out 'Things to Do' in your local area and just go for it! Even if something is not as you expected, it could end up be a fond memory and that's what life is built on.
6. 60 second hugs! I love these so much. Just silently hug for 60 seconds, and notice how good it feels. Your bodies connect and you feel that love and safety in your connection. As the hug goes on, you allow yourself to 'just breath' BUT doing this with your partner can be so effective. And it only takes ONE MINUTE.
Hugs from Kris